Sardine is a free/open-source software for Python 3.10+. Sardine turns Python into a musical instrument. It is a framework for live coding music and controlling musical hardware from Python. You can play alone or synchronize with other audio softwares and instances of Sardine. With Sardine you can:
- Play synthesizers and audio samples using SuperCollider.
- Control synthesizers through MIDI and OSC messages.
- Interconnect audio/video softwares and/or sound engines.
- Play collaboratively with your friends or other musicians.
- Extend your musical environment using any Python package.
- Explore multiple algorithmic pattern languages for improvisation.
Sardine is designed to allow the exploration of algorithmic improvisation using a friendly syntax/environment. It transforms Python into a time-aware environment capable of sequencing any event with precision. Code can be updated anytime while the program still runs, a technique called live coding!