Sardine is a free/open-source software for Python 3.10+. It turns Python into a musical instrument. You can play it alone or with your friends. With Sardine you can:
- Play synthesizers and audio samples using SuperCollider.
- Control synthesizers through MIDI/OSC messages.
- Interconnect audio/video softwares and/or sound engines.
- Play collaboratively with your friends.
- Extend your musical environment using any Python package.
Sardine is designed to allow the exploration of algorithmic improvisation using a friendly syntax/environment. It transforms Python into a time-aware environment capable of sequencing any event with precision. Code can be updated anytime while the program still runs, a technique called live coding!